Screenwriter | Producer | Director
Trav is a Waljen man from the Wongutha People of the Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia. He was raised on Wirangu country on the South Australian West Coast and currently resides on Peramangk Country in the Adelaide Hills.
Travis loves to write film and television that feature diverse characters and storylines that are able to draw out honest conversations about racism, sexism, violence, colonisation, and other real-life matters through the interrogation of people, places and events. He also has a passion for documentary.
Travis was mentored from 2019 to 2021 by experienced, credited Hollywood screenwriter Steph Lady (Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, 1994 and Doctor Dolittle, 1998).
Education, Experiance & Acheivements
– Awarded DAF Centralized Fellowship
– Selected for Australians in Film Untapped Initiative (380 applicants)
– Selected for South Australian Film Corporations Film Lab 2 program
– Selected for South Australian Film Corporation Short Film Initiative
– Selected for Channel 44 TV Initiative
– Finalist, AACTA Regional Landscapes Competition
– Optioned Second and Third Screenplay
– First feature film entered production
– Completed SAFC Supported Directors Attachment on “The Red”
– Optioned his first original screenplay
– Began work on original series “Containment”
– Selected for Hoodlum Pictures’ romantic comedy Workshop
– Finalist, Screen Australia’s Writer’s Incubator Initiative
– Completed Feature Length Screenplay for USA Producer
– Selected for AFTRS National Talent Camp
– Selected for Matchbox Pictures Spark TV Development Workshop
– Wrote Pilot for Guiding Star Entertainment
– Selected for AFTRS State Talent Camp